Autumn Sunshine Massage is a new clinic and mobile massage service owned and operated by Nix Motiuk, a Registered Massage Therapist and a Certified Spa Practitioner
Autumn Sunshine Massage is a business that is highly qualified, experienced and professional.
Nix Motiuk, RMT - Graduate of West Coast Massage Therapy (WCCMT) in Victoria, B.C.
- Nix graduated from WCCMT in 2008 as a Certified Spa Practitioner. She moved to Alberta and practiced as the lead therapist for 3 years at a pregnancy wellness spa.
- In 2013, Nix moved back to BC to complete the Registered Massage Therapy program. During her practicum, Nix had the most patients returning for treatment and requesting her as their therapist than anyone else in her class.
- In 2016, Nix opened her own mobile service in the Sidney and Victoria area. Nix also worked at a physiotherapy and sports clinic for the last 2 years. She has recently relocated to Lake Cowichan and is excited to announce that she is opening a new clinic for July 16th 2018. The new location is one many may know that has been open for many years on south shore rd with RMT Karen Irving.
- Nix is an intuitive therapist who enjoys helping those in need of treatment. She takes the time to listen to her patients and assesses their problems. The combination of intuition and clinical skills makes Nix an amazing therapist.
- Her range of clinical techniques spans many different modalities. Nix uses manual and specific muscle testing. She uses a combination of deep tissue massage, muscle energy techniques, active release, myofascial release, trigger point release, stretching and strengthening exercises. Also used is relaxation techniques to provide her patients with the most effective therapeutic treatments possible for a wide variety of ailments. She has the ability to transform from deep to superficial massage as required. Nix is dedicated to improving the general well-being of every patient.
- Nix is a wife and a mother to 4 beautiful children. She enjoys spending time with her family and is artistic. When not with her family, Nix enjoys working with others and learning new ways to treat the human body.
THOSE WITH DISABILITIES
Autumn Sunshine's Registered Massage Therapist is dedicated to helping a large variety of clientele. Welcoming those with disabilities and or special needs. The unique part about what our business does is Nix will come to those that are not able to come to our clinic location. Nix has experience as an Autistic Interventionalist, is trained in home care needs such as lifts and transfers. Nix has training in communication with those with speech disorders. She has knowledge of the human body as well as over 70 different Conditions that allows her to provide a safe, professional and effective treatment .
Nix's number one client is Wade, who is an 18 year old boy with Ohdo's syndrome. Wade also suffers from Autism, brain damage from a previous surgery and has some speech impairment. Wade is someone that Nix did home care with, while she was finishing school. Nix is now treating Wade once a week for hypertoned muscle contractures, relaxation, and over all health and wellness. Wade is showing progress with range of motion, strength in his neck muscles and posture. Wade is wheelchair bound but is full of life, he enjoys listening to Taylor Swift, watching Pirates of the Carribean and being with his family and friends.